- West Virginians Are Still Feeling the Effects of Chemical Spill August 26, 2014
July 9, 2014 marks the six-month anniversary of the major chemical spill that affected more than 300,000 people living in and around the Charleston, West Virginia area. Many people want to know if Freedom Industry has fixed the damage to ... read more
- Increase in Pedestrian Fatalities Inspires New Vehicle Technologies August 26, 2014
Cars will soon be able to drive themselves. At least, that’s what Toyota plans as they implement self-braking technology in their latest models. This is happening across the board with major car manufacturers in response to the significant number of ... read more
- 2014 U.S. Chemical Accident Infographic July 29, 2014
Chemical accidents can pose serious danger to those exposed, including short-term and long-term health problems such as nerve damage, headaches, and burns to the eyes, throat, lungs and skin. In more severe cases, exposure to chemicals can cause brain damage ... read more
- Factors That May Cause More Oil Train Explosions July 24, 2014
An entire transportation infrastructure can be affected when temperatures rise. A number of factors play into why there are more oil train explosions, including climate change, increased volatility, and increased production.
Increase in Rail Shipments of Oil
Part of the reason for ... read more
- Beware of Car Insurance Scams July 24, 2014
If you are involved in a serious automobile accident and don’t have insurance, you could pay severely. Because having car insurance is mandated by the government, it has pushed many car owners right into the hands of car insurance scammers. ... read more
- Chemical Vapor Released at Dalton, GA Plant July 7, 2014
This morning, a chemical leak at a manufacturing plant in Dalton GA sent two workers to the hospital and resulted in road closures and a warning for nearby residents to remain indoors.
The leak happened Monday morning at the MFG Chemical ... read more
- W. Winston Briggs Law Firm Celebrates Five Years of Service July 1, 2014
The W. Winston Briggs Law Firm is pleased to celebrate its 5 Year Anniversary today, July 1, 2014. Over the past five years we have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
We look forward to continuing ... read more
- The Dangers of Spray Foam Insulation June 24, 2014
It is often depicted on home renovation shows as a “green” miracle product that can reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 50 percent. But the reality behind spray foam insulation is that if not applied correctly by a ... read more
- Supreme Court Rules Against Victims of Chemical Spill June 18, 2014
On Monday, June 16th, the Supreme Court ruled against North Carolina homeowners who attempted to sue electronics company CTS Corp, which they claim contaminated their drinking water more than ten years ago. Carcinogenic chemicals such as trichloroethylene were found in ... read more
- Marietta Fire Raises Risk of Toxic Chemical Exposure June 16, 2014
A two alarm chemical fire at a Marietta warehouse on May 23, 2014 is being investigated by the EPA and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources after a broad fish-kill occurred along a five-mile stretch of nearby Sope Creek. Some ... read more